Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Door Prize Surprise


You know how you have some things hanging around for ages that seemed like they were crying to be altered but you never got around to it? Well, I've had this Chipboard box since Recollections went out of business over a year ago I think. Or was it two years? Anyway, I even tried selling it off at a garage sale with no takers. I'm glad I didn't because it occurred to me it'd make a pretty advertisement for our products while holding door prizes for my workshops & classes!

The stamped image is from "Inspired by Nature" (on the dormant list). I used my watercolor crayons to color the stamp directly, spritzed with water & stamped on Very Vanilla. Then I cut it & the mat out with the new Circle Scissors Plus. I've resigned myself to the fact that you really do have to tape the paper down (SU! recommends dotto) or the paper moves & your circle is all messed up. At first I didn't like the idea of putting adhesive on paper, but I'm going to adhere it later anyway & dotto on the glass mat doesn't rip the paper off so I'm ok with it now. I can't tell you how many other "solutions" I tried though before just doing as I was told! lol.

The paper is the Sale-a-Bration paper & I used the large scallop & butterfly dies (love!) Got the idea to use Sticky Strip & glitter for the butterfly's body at our local SU! group's meeting. The Thank You stamp & scalloped oval punch are coming up in the Occasions Mini!
For the door prizes, I then made a bunch of little "love note" card kits that contain one stamp, a black stamp spot, cardstock for one 3"x 3" card & some ribbon.



Share/Save/Bookmark

8 comments:

  1. Great idea! I love that box... perfect for holding door prizes, and the way you've altered it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Wish I could win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great box!! I'm just like you...I tried other ways to get my Circle Scissors Plus to work, but it just has to be taped. Glad you didn't sell that box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! Glad it didn't sell for you so you could create that beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the "love notes" idea! Super!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job on that box!! I ljust love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a terrific idea! It only makes me wonder what I've gotten hidden away in all of my piles of stuff...!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWWW Shucks I was going to give you my address till I read you already gave them away.
    Very Nice!

    ReplyDelete