Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Easter Workshop Projects

Here are some Spring/Easter project ideas that we made at my last workshop (Thanks again Mary!!)

I've learned that the best part of a workshop is the hands-on participation so I tried to make these simple (yet interesting) enough for everyone to be able to make all three. Also, by making two smaller projects, as opposed to three cards, it's faster for me to prepare & uses less supplies.

So the first project is a "love note." These are a great size, especially for 12" x 12" cardstock. They are 6" x 3" folded to make a cute 3" x3" card to tuck into a present, basket, etc. This one uses the Tea Party Designer Paper & coordinating Sweet Stems stamp colored in with markers. The Eyelet Border punch adds a pretty touch.




Next is an Easter card using Fifth Avenue Floral. So quick & easy but still looks fancy! The Easter Wishes stamp from the All Holidays set fits nicely into the Designer Label punch (which also coordinates with the Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware). I find gluing the cardstock on the ribbon & then putting the frame OVER it is easier than trying to adhere the paper to the frame first. I used my paper piercer to punch holes in the ribbon for the brads (adhered the ribbon to the vanilla cardstock first too but before adhering the vanilla layer to the Tangerine layer).


The last project is a very simple candy topper. We used the new "Egg Hunt" wheel from the Occasions Mini over a Top Note die cut. Then we punched "eggs" from Designer Patterns paper with the large oval punch. I used the double rectangle punch to secure the ribbon. I used Sticky Strip to secure the bag to the paper--looks cleaner than staples. You could easily whip up a whole school class worth of these babies in no time!



Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

  1. cute ideas Julie! Remember me? Freecycle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the eyelet edge on your love note!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to give these away, julie! thanks again for a great stampin' party!

    mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects! I am really loving that 5th Ave set!!

    ReplyDelete