Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Altered Art Charm Bracelet Set



Charms are such a fun way to personalize a bracelet. I've made tons of charms using Japanese Washi paper (as well as other kinds of specialty paper) sealed onto the flat side of silver buttons for people to choose from at my upcoming shows. To make the buttons into charms, I had to clip the loop off the flat side with a wire cutter & then sand smooth with my Drexel hand tool (came with a mini-sander tool--really cool). Then put on the paper, sealed with Mod Podge & then covered with my Colores Doming Resin. Finally, I glued the buttons onto the flat charm pads & attached them to the bracelet.

To make the ring, I just glued a charm button onto the ring blank. The pendant uses the same coordinating paper on a Sudoku tile (much like a Scrabble tile).
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. You are soooo creative! I don't know where you come up with all these ideas, but they are all terrific!

    ReplyDelete