Monday, August 18, 2008

Welcome Baby!

I had the pleasure this past weekend of giving a workshop to a group of ladies who either had just had babies or who are pregnant. Between the mom (God bless her!) who needed to rush home to a colicky baby & the fire alarm going off on the floor of their apt. building, it was tres exciting :-) Thank goodness the elevator started working again cuz I did not want to schlep my big ol' cart down four flights of stairs. I'm just very impressed they all had the energy to go out! & I should mention that the hostess found me through the Divine Mercy Care Gala's program so Stamp 4 Life donated a portion of the earnings to DMC--yea! (If you want to host a workshop, just ask & I'll do the same for your workshop too!)

onesie card

Anyway, I thought I'd share the baby projects we did. I first showed them how to make this baby onesie card with our punches. My great-upline Jeannette told me about them & then I got the directions from Lauren Meader's blog except I used a key tag punch to make the indentation below the sleeves instead of cutting with a hobby knife. Now that we have the scallop edge punch, we can scallop the sleeves too!

Happy New Baby card

Next, everyone got to make this gender neutral Happy New Baby card. I used the new In-colors, scallop edge punch & showed how sponging the edges really gives cards a little extra sumpin' sumpin'. For both cards, I used "Wild About You"--one of my favorite kid themed sets.

My new catalog goodies (including the Big Shot) are coming this week! Yea!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment