Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Easter Bunny Scrabble Tile Pendant

In honor of Easter (& because someone requested a "bunny or egg or something"), I made a special Easter Bunny Scrabble Tile Pendant. Isn't he cute??

Since I discovered I could color my wood Scrabble tiles (my last post), it made it a lot easier to be able to create this right on the tile as opposed to on a piece of cardstock, punch it out, seal it & fit it securely on the tile. First I colored the whole tile in a white chalk ink (drying with a heat gun between about three layers of ink). Then I stamped the bunny in black Staz-On. To get the blue sky and little bit of green grass, I just used a Fantastix dipped in chalk ink. Then I added the little Swarovski crystal and my Colores resin on top. I couldn't seal it with Mod Podge like I would with paper because it smudges the chalk ink I've found. But the resin doesn't seem to affect chalk ink like it does alcohol inks.

By the way, if too much ink gets on the side of your pendant, rubbing alcohol should remove it.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Really nice and very decent collection of silver gray and white jewelry..Ooh pendants as well now! You are spoling us.My favourite thing....


    _______________
    Murano Glass

    ReplyDelete