Friday, July 17, 2009

Scratch, Sniff & Smear!

Let's do a card, shall we? This one uses the new in-colors, Circle Circus set and Razzleberry Lemonade DSP. I know, it's been awhile...

For my last technique club, I got a request to do a "scratch & sniff" card. So, this is my good faith effort. It's a really easy technique to do but the results are mixed I think.

First, you mix 1 teaspoon kool-aid with 1 1/2 teaspoon clear embossing powder--make sure you use the kool-aid with no sugar because you don't want a carmelized card after heat embossing. Stamp your image in Versamark or with craft ink; sprinkle on mixture & heat set.

The problem I ran into was really having the right color kool-aid and smearing--I used the orange from the Tart & Tangy stamp set but the "Mixed Berry" kool-aid is purpley, so I had to settle for what hopefully passes as a red grapefruit. Then, the kool-aid granules kind of smeared a bit when you touch the image. Maybe it helps to wait a little before handling the image? I don't know because I was impatient. The good news is that it really does smell good & stays that way for a while (good to know if you want to mail it). My friend Danielle can attest that it tastes good too (she couldn't resist, it smelled too good--hee).
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Great card. I think the smearing looks like it should be there, so smear on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the scratch-n-sniff instructions. I am just starting a technique club, and I can foresee them loving this technique!! :)

    ReplyDelete