Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Birthday To My Little Girl!

My daughter Maddie is turning five (!) next week. She wanted a princess pony party. Well, I don't have those stamps exactly (they'd be a HUGE hit if someone would come up with that!), but I did have these cute images from the stamp set "ABC Images" to create some girly goodness. The designer paper is from the retired "Confetti" Simply Scrappin' Kit & so I just took my color inspirations from it. I made the glittery swirls by dotting Pink Stickles along the edge of the oval & then running my paper piercer tool through them--a little trick I learned from a pastry chef in my waitressing days long before I even knew stamping existed!

The "piece de resistance" is Maddie's fine coloring job on the images so each invite was unique, to say the least :) I love how she added sprinkles to the cupcake! That's my girl!
Share/Save/Bookmark

7 comments:

  1. How adorable!! Love what you did with the stickles too...what a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute invitation! Your daughter coloring it made it unique and I think you have a budding artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright colors! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cute card! It's really cool too that she was involved in making them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card for a 5 year old. Very fun! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the BEST card ever!

    ReplyDelete